Today I'll be presenting one of my favourite side dishes to make which has had great feedback by everyone who has tasted it. It's also one of those dish that looks like you spent hours making but in truth, it's so simple that it's embarrassing.
Stuffed mushrooms have always been a firm favourite of mine and almost every time we dine out, I will opt to order the dish if it's on the menu. Unfortunately for me, most of the time I was left a little disappointed by it so I decided to take matters into my own hands so to speak and come up with my own very simple version of Stuffed Mushrooms.
|Put aside the stem and scoop out the inside|
|Ready for filing|
|Cut off a little on each side of the stem and throw the cut off parts away|
|Roughly chop the stems|
|Remove all excess oil from chorizo except 1/2 tbs and add shallot, garlic, parsley and chopped mushroom stems|
|Mix in cream cheese|
|Stuff filing into mushrooms|
8 - 10 brown button mushrooms; depending on size
3 chorizos; casing removed
1 shallots; minced
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 stalk Parsley; minced
8 oz cream cheese spread; room temperature
1. Heat oven to 180 Celsius.
2. Heat up a non stick pan and start frying chorizo WITHOUT oil. Break apart chorizo and cook until half pink.
3. Remove all of the excess oil except half a tablespoon and add shallot, garlic, parsley and chopped mushroom stems. Cook for another 5 - 7 minutes.
4. Turn heat to low and add cream cheese into pan. Mix well with meat and turn off the heat.
5. Scoop chorizo cream cheese filing into mushrooms.
6. Grate some Parmigiano on top of each mushroom and bake for 20 - 25 minutes (depending the size of the mushrooms).
7. Enjoy while it's hot!
1. You can mix and play with the ingredients. For example, use bacon instead of chorizo.
2. I don't wash mushrooms instead I use a damp cloth to wipe off the dirt. Let's face it, you're bound to eat a little bit of dirt when eating mushrooms.
|My side dishes for our barbecue over the weekend (pickled cucumber, pasta salad and stuffed mushrooms)|
Over the weekend: We had my in-laws over for a barbecue but other than that, it was a quiet relaxing weekend for us.
How was your weekend? Any interesting events happened? Please share!