The Friday before Valentine's Day, I had a serious chocolate craving and it was stronger than ever. I've already stuffed my face with an extra large tablespoon of Nutella but it wasn't enough.
I scoured the almighty worldwide web for inspirations to curb my cravings which turned out to be a big mistake as it made me want chocolate more and I finally came up with this very simple recipe.
Please note that I am an absolute novice when it comes to baking and this is the first recipe that I, myself came up with so please be gentle with me. As always, I apologize if any of you try this and it is crap but I decided to post this because,
1. It scored two thumbs up from hubby dearest and he almost finished all six cupcakes by himself.
2. I welcome any suggestions to improve the recipe and my baking abilities.
2 extra large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tbs cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbs coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 180 Celsius.
2. Beat egg and sugar until well combined.
3. Add Nutella, mix well.
4. Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into Nutella mixture, mix well.
5. Add coffee and vanilla extract into mixture and mix well.
6. Fill muffin cup until 3/4 full, the cupcakes won't rise too much.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, take it out and let cupcakes cool for 10 - 15 minutes.
8. The centre WILL SINK after cooling down.
9. Fill the centre with your desired toppings. I dusted icing sugar and filled the cupcakes with homemade raspberry jam.
|With a dust of icing sugar and jam|
|Cupcake by itself, it's filled with fudgy goodness!|
How was your weekend? Ours was really good and I had a huge hair transformation, I cut 8-10 inches off my hair so I could donate it to charity. Hubby also managed to get his hands on Clarins Colour of Brazil eyeshadow and liner palette for me! I wanted it since last year and to finally own it is brilliant!