Okay, I will stop my ramblings about Christmas and let's get to today's post. Oh yes, it's another recipe post but I promise you, this is an easy peesy one. How easy, you may ask? Well, so easy that hubby dearest who couldn't differentiate between a salt and a sugar can make it.
I will credit this post to Miriam who blogs at It's My Life, she posted a Tuna Salad recipe a couple of weeks ago and it inspired me to create this dish. Well, that and laziness.
Let's get cooking!
1 cup pasta; cooked and rinsed (pasta needs to be room temperature)
1 can tuna; drained well
1 red bell pepper; chopped or sliced (your preference)
1 small onion; chopped
2 extra large hard boiled egg; roughly chopped
2-3 tbs spring onion; green part, cut finely (optional)
1 tbs horseradish
1/3 cup mayo
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
1. Mix Dressing ingredients together and set aside.
2. Add (A) in a large bowl, mix well.
3. Pour Dressing into bowl and mix well.
4. Bon appetite!
|Served as a side with oven baked breaded pork chop|
1. I always make the Dressing at least ONE HOUR beforehand because it gives time for the flavours to come together.
2. Be creative with the ingredients, this is a very versatile recipe and it's the Dressing that makes this dish lovely.
3. Add Dressing little by little until you get the right texture. It depends on how 'wet' you like your salad to be. *insert dirty jokes here*
4. You can serve this as a side or main dish, depends on how lazy you are. If you're like me then on most days this dish is served as main.
5. If you tried it and hate it then blame it on this crazy Asian lady who has weird palate.
Don't forget to enter my Smashbox Full Exposure palette GIVEAWAY, click here!