Instagram and a Facebook friend asked for the recipe. Now, I cannot take full credit for this recipe as I found it online but has changed it to suit my personal taste.
This is definitely not the healthiest meal out there but it is so easy and just so good! Hope you give it a go and fingers crossed that you'll like it as much as I do.
Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken (3-4 pax)
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I did use chicken pieces in this picture as it was what I had in hand BUT this recipe is best cooked with chicken breast)
Marinade for chicken:
2 1/2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs dried Italian herbs
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 small red onion; minced
2 cloves garlic; minced
8 oz cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
200g Swiss Brown mushrooms; sliced
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup white wine
1 tbs olive oil
Chopped chives for garnish
1. Mix all marinade ingredients together and rub it on chicken breasts. Let it marinade for at least an hour. I leave it overnight if possible.
2. Heat a non stick pan to medium and brown the chicken. You don't need extra oil as the marinade will be enough.
3. Place browned chicken into a slow cooker and cook low for 3 hours.
4. Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a saucepan and fry onion and garlic till fragrant.
5. Add mushroom and fry till it's half cooked.
6. Pour white wine and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
7. Add cream cheese, cream of mushroom and chicken stock and stir until everything is well mixed.
8. Pour sauce into slow cooker and continue cooking on low for another 45 minutes.
9. Serve it hot with mashed potatoes or egg noodles and garnish it with chopped chives.
NOTE: If you are using chicken pieces then please drain the oil from chicken fats before adding the sauce into the slow cooker.