Motherhood has been kicking me arse recently...little tyke is now going through a wee bit of a fussy phase so I got my hands full. He is going through a time where he constantly wants to be held and will make a fuss when we try to put him down for sleep. As exhausting as it is sometimes...I am looking at the brighter side of things, hey, I'll be having some serious toned arms soon. LOL!
All that being said, cooking has been a little tricky these days. I have to come up with dishes that is extremely quick, easy and as fuss free a possible. This dish is a new one for me, it looks complicated but you'll be glad to know that it is such a breeze to make that I am kinda kicking myself for not making it sooner. And best part? It taste sooo damn good too! Hope you luvs give this a try and fingers crossed that you'll like it as much as we do! Comfort food at its best!
Beef Stroganoff (4pax)
450g beef; sliced thinly
200g fresh mushrooms; sliced
1 small can peas; rinsed and drained
1 medium size red onion; minced
3 cloves garlic; minced
4 tbs butter
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup red wine
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbs of Worcestershire sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup; I used Campbell brand
1/2 cup milk or water
1/4 cup water
1. Heat 3 tbs butter in a pan and fry onion with garlic till fragrant.
2. Add mushroom, parsley and paprika into pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until mushroom is cooked to your liking. Take mushroom mixture out and set aside.
3. Heat the last tbs butter, add beef into pan and cook till beef is half done.
4. Pour in red wine and let it cook till wine is reduced to half (almost a glaze) and add mushroom mixture together with peas into pan. Mix well with beef.
5. Next add in salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add soup with milk and water into pan. Give it a good stir until soup is dissolved and bring it to a simmer.
7. Finally stir in sour cream and let it cook for another 3 minutes or until properly heated through.
8. Served it with mashed potatoes, pasta or egg noodles! Enjoy!