Tonight I have decided to cook a very simple and healthy fish dish that doesn't involve any frying. Yep, you got that right...NO FRYING! Well, truth to be told, I wanted to make my usual and Kevin's favourite Beer Battered Fish & Chips but I was out of chips, I was too lazy to run out to get those damn chips and I thought, why not shock Kevin with something healthy?
So I scoured the internet, again for something that screams COOK MEEE!!! and below is the recipe that I found. Extremely easy and it's cooked in no time and I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did!
Steamed Fish with Ginger Light Soy Sauce
2 dory fish fillets; quartered
2 inches ginger; sliced thinly
4 cloves garlic; sliced thinly
1 stalk green onions (scallions); cut into 1 inch length
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp oyster sauce
1 1/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbs water
1/4 tsp of chilli flakes
A little oil (roughly 1/2 tbs)
1. Arrange fish fillet in a steamer and place half of the ginger slices in between and on top of fish. Steam fish for 15 minutes.
2. Combine sauce ingredients with the remaindering ginger slices and bring it to boil.
3. Toast garlic in oil but make sure garlic DO NOT BROWN.
4. To serve: Arrange fish on plate, top it with scallions/ green onions and toasted garlic and pour sauce on it.
5. Serve and enjoy it while it's hot!